PAL STUDIO THEATRE
Phase 1 – October 2020
The Guidelines below are based on the BC Health Guidelines for Performance venues
The Guidelines have been adapted to represent the needs of PAL Studio Theatre for Phase 1.
NO food or DRINK or use of our booth allowed. And no use of kitchen facilities.
For rehearsals/classes/photoshoots/film/auditions only.
Smaller sized bookings without catering or booth use.
Rentals are required to assist in cleaning of high touch surfaces.
• Staff to become familiar with the COVID-19 Alert Level System and the activities permitted and prohibited at each Alert Level.
• Information and training to be provided to staff and attendees on:
• The symptoms of COVID-19, and that they must stay home if they are unwell or symptomatic.
• Preventive measures, including frequent handwashing, cough and sneeze etiquette, and frequent cleaning and disinfection of high-touch surfaces.
• Proper sanitation of public spaces.
• Personal protective equipment requirements) Masks must be worn by all staff and volunteers.,
• Provide staff and attendees with proper personal protective equipment and sanitation supplies.
• Ensure physical distancing recommendations are followed, including contactless check-in and check-out.
• Vulnerable attendees and staff will be encouraged to stay at home in Alert level 2
• Attendees, and staff who are unwell must stay at home.
• A record of daily attendance for rehearsals, classes, photo shoots, auditions and small filming to be kept in case Public Health needs to reach individuals for contact tracing. These records must be kept on file for at least 14 days.
• Staff person or volunteer to monitor entrance to building, plus one to monitor arrival on 8th floor.
• Masks to be worn by all during transit through the building.
• 8th floor monitor to control entrance and exit from theatre and washrooms to ensure social distancing.
• No more than 2 people at a time in the elevator with staff person/volunteer fobbing them to the 8th floor.
• Clear instructions on signs for distancing in line-ups and holding / waiting areas to be posted.
• Washroom restricted to 2 of people at one time so distancing can be maintained, and clear signage should be posted.
• Hand cleansing station to be present at the entrance and exit to the theatre.
• All surfaces, armrests, doorknobs, handrails to be disinfected before and after each rental. (Refer to: https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/files/factsheet-covid-19-environmental-cleaning-NL.pdf).
Phase 2: – 2021
Phase 2 would not happen until some time in 2021. This gives us time to assess the operation of small events in Phase 1. Phase 2 would have greatly expanded guidelines (as per BC Health) relating to audience seating, lounge and garden control, box office protocols, audience management, backstage, dressing rooms and booth protocols. These guidelines will be in a proposal at a later date when the staff and board feel ready to return to performances.
PAL Studio Theatre is the most versatile rental venue in the heart of Vancouver’s Coal Harbour and West End districts, located on the 8th floor of PAL Vancouver at Cardero Street and West Georgia. Professionally equipped and specifically designed for multiple uses, this gorgeous theatre transforms into the perfect backdrop for everything from a Moliere comedy to a dignified memorial service.
Bridal parties, photographers and event planners will love our lush rooftop garden—the ideal spot for receptions, photo shoots, business meetings and more.
PAL Vancouver is a unique charitable organization that operates with no government funding, relying instead on rental revenues and generous donations to provide affordable housing, a sense of community and creative space for former performing artists and allied professionals.
STAY UP TO DATE
Find out about PAL news and upcoming events by signing up for our email newsletter!
VOLUNTEER AT PAL
Want to give us a hand with PAL Studio Theatre events?
We would love to have you join our team!
CONCERTS & EVENTS
PAL Studio Theatre hosts all kinds of exciting events and concerts